Loch Awe Boat House - A spectacular lochside setting for exclusive and intimate weddings
'We wanted a small wedding, by the water’s edge, with a simple, private ceremony. After months of looking at grand venues that catered only for huge numbers of guests at enormous cost, we found the Boat House. We fell in love with it at first sight, so much so that we decided to buy it, and offer other couples the same kind of relaxed, the intimate celebration that we spent so long looking for.’
Contemporary designed Boathouse, standing in six acres of secluded, south-facing grounds in a magnificent lochside location, Loch Awe Boat House is the perfect venue for small and intimate weddings. As you make your way along the mile-long winding drive, you’ll catch enticing glimpses of the property, and the sparkling water beyond, through the trees.
The Boat House stands about a quarter of the way along the western shore of Loch Awe, the longest freshwater loch in the UK. With the iconic Kilchurn Castle at its head, the loch offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in Scotland, and a dramatic backdrop to your wedding or civil ceremony.
Inside, you will find a bright, luxurious and open plan space with everything you and your guests will need, designed to make the most of the spectacular views over the water. The house boasts a private pier – uniquely placed for your photos – and a decked seating area over the water for quiet moments.
When you book Loch Awe Boat House for your wedding, you have total control over your suppliers and your budget. We have a list of recommended local artisans who can provide a variety of services for your wedding, but should you wish to use your own preferred suppliers, you are completely free to do so.
Gemma Cummings of Oban Registry Office is our registrar and will be delighted liaise with you to arrange the formalities for your marriage ceremony, including the various documents, and the notice to be posted (there is a minimum 21-day notice period).
Terms & Conditions for Weddings at Loch Awe Boat House
- Loch Awe Boat House is available for marriages, same-sex marriages and civil partnerships.
- Due to the sensitivity of the location, Loch Awe Boat House intimate weddings are limited to a maximum of six guests. There are several recommended options for accommodation locally.
- We charge nothing for the use of the site. The minimum booking for the Boat House is one week, with a 33% deposit payable on reservation, and the balance payable 6 weeks ahead of your wedding date.
Click on the following links to find local suppliers and details from the registrar.
- Oban registrar Gemma Cummings – 01631 567930
- My Wedding – Directory for all wedding needs – very comprehensive
- Flowers Oban Flower house - 07436-072912
- The Thistle & The Rose Florist Call Justine on - 01631 564219
HAIR, NAILS AND BEAUTY
- Hair and Nails Taynuilt Hairdressing - 01866-822464
- Pearson & Devine Oban - 01631 567075
- A traditional marquee Central Marquees - 0141-280-6809
TRADITIONAL PIPER/MUSICIANS - AGENCY
- Last minute musician’s
- Ardanaiseig Hotel – Kilchrenan - 01866 833333
- Taychreggan Hotel – Kilchrenan - 01866 833211
- Kilchrenan Inn – Kilchrenan - 01866 833130
- Oban Chocolate Cakes – 01631 566099
- Flour Power Oban – Wedding cake specialist Hannah - 07593 553332
- Kilchrenan Inn Catering – Local Inn - 01866 833130
- Oban Spit Roast and all occasion catering company Oban - 07770 808544
- Poptop Catering – suppliers of quality catering suppliers - Argyll & Bute