Loch Awe Boathouse, Kilchrenan - Oban
(formally Achnacarron Boathouse)
Car directions from Glasgow Airport - Two hours
Via Erskine Bridge, Dumbarton, Loch Lomond, Tarbet and Inverary
- Take the M8 towards Greenock then take junction 30 over Erskine Bridge and the A82 towards Loch Lomond and Tarbet. At Tarbet take A83 to Inverary then the A819 to Loch Awe.
- You will arrive at a T-junction, which is at the top of Loch Awe. Take a left onto the A85, Follow this road through the village of Loch Awe then pass through Bridge of Awe, after a further two miles you will reach the village of Taynuilt.
- As you enter Taynuilt slow down and turn left onto the B845- a single-track road leading to the hamlet of Kilchrenan (5 miles)
- After Passing the Kilchrenan Village Hall on your left and the Church on your right, slow down and turn left at the Kilchrenan Inn.
- Drive past the door of the pub and continue along the single-track road for approximately 2 miles. You will come to a track on your right signposted Achnacarron Farm & Achnacarron Boathouse. Follow this track for approximately 1.5 miles to the farm, crossing a cattle grid as you go down to the farm.
Keep right at the farm and follow the track passing over another cattle grid.
Congratulations - you have arrived
Open the gate and drive down the track to the Boathouse
- If you have Guest’s arriving by train, our nearest station is Taynuilt, which is on the ScotRail network.
- Please contact Grahams Groceries store in Taynuilt 01866 822248 who should be able to point you in the right direction for a Taxi.
Inverary is a fantastic place to stop and enjoy lunch or an early supper. Try Brambles Café on the high street - Cream Tea is irresistible.
Simon mobile – 07850 722721